We Have 10 Rotating Taps of Local and Special Release Beers
What is a Growler?
A growler is a reusable glass 32oz or 64oz jug you purchase and have a bartender fill with your favorite draft beer for at-home consumption. This jug is then cleaned and brought back to get filled with another beer of choice. This has become a popular way to consume craft beer because most local breweries can't afford to bottle/can their own beer. Growler jug prices usually range from $4-$7 for 32oz and $8+ for 64oz (we sell ours for $4-$8). Here at Beer Revolution we love filling growlers!!!
Beer Revolution's Growler Filling Procedure:
- First, you pick out a tasty beer to take home.
- We submerge a new or returning growler jug in a sanitizing solution and then rinse it with clean water.
- We attached the filling hose to the tap.
- The jug then gets purged with CO2 to remove oxygen and extend shelf life (usually 5-6 days if unopened).
- The filler tube in inserted into growler and the tap is turned on, filling the jug with delicious beer.
- The beer is purposely allowed to foam over the top to remove any remaining oxygen (beer killer).
- The jug is capped, taped (so it's legally "sealed"), and slapped with a label so you can remembered what you purchased.
Growler Info and Rules:
- We fill 32oz and 64oz growlers. 128oz growlers are too big for our 5 gallon kegs.
- We will fill anyone's 32oz or 64oz growler. We prefer ours though, because they look so cool.
- Growlers must be CLEAN. After consumed, clean the jug like any other glassware...a tiny bit of dish soap and swoosh it all around and let air dry. We have put them in the dishwasher before but don't expect the label to stay on forever. Also leave the cap off of the growler, even if it's dry.
- Please keep and reuse your caps. Those little buggers aren't cheap, but we will replace them if need be.
- Growlers will last about 5-6 days unopened, but once you open the bottle, it's like any other beer so we recommend it being consumed in one day. After this point with will lose carbonation, become oxidized, and lose it's flavor.
- We can offer samples of anything on tap, so just ask. We want you to be happy with your growler purchase.
- Keep it cold. Draft beer tastes best when it can be kept cold, so go home and put it straight in the fridge.